Experienced Intellectual Property Lawyers
Why Choose Us
Since 1996, we have been offering a full range of IP experience. Whether you are the owner of IP, looking to protect your IP, or the alleged infringer, we’ve represented them all.
We understand that registering your IP is only half the battle – to keep your IP assets working for you and your business, they must be protected and your rights enforced. That’s where we can help.
What We Do
By offering a full range of IP litigation experience – proceedings before various tribunals, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Federal Court, and the Federal Court of Appeal – we’ve been there, and done that. We’ve also acted with a view to early resolution in settlement negotiations. Some ways we’ve acted for our clients – whether a local business in Ontario, entities across Canada, and companies in North America and beyond include:
- Issuing cease-and-desist letters for copyright and trademark infringement;
- Expungement / Opposition proceedings before the Trademarks Opposition Board;
- Handling trade-secret and domain name disputes;
- Trademark infringement and passing off proceedings before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice;
- Defending copyright & trademark rights before the Federal Court;
- Defending against claims of copyright & trademark infringement before the Federal Court;
- Appealing decisions of the Registrar of Trademarks in applications for judicial reviews;
- Appealing copyright and trademark decisions of the Federal Court before the Federal Court of Appeal.